This is a great opportunity for TWO software developers to join and grow with our innovative company and contribute to rFpro’s industry-leading products and cutting-edge development projects. These roles are both flexible in terms of location.
rFpro is a member of the AB Dynamics plc group of companies. We provide engineering-grade driving simulation software, enabling our customers to develop vehicles, systems and components safely and efficiently. We serve the motorsports and automotive industries, playing a key role in the latter’s highly challenging progression towards automated driving.
Our automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers – in the USA, Europe, UK, Japan & Australia.
rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance work-life balance as well as productivity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a developer in a small, dynamic, expert team you will enjoy the challenge of implementing industry-leading applications, interfaces and plugins around our own in-house rendering engine developed specifically for driving simulation. You will be participating in a wide range of software engineering projects with a primary focus on delivering new features and updates for our wide range of motorsports and automotive customers. You will be expected to work independently and proactively as well as part of the team. We are an agile organisation, employing techniques such as TDD, pair programming and continuous integration.
- Work as part of a team developing our applications, interfaces and plugins around our in-house rendering engine technology
- Produce high-quality software for customers
- Design and implement new product features
- Maintain and improve existing products
- Advocate good software engineering practices and continuous professional development
- Work to delivery deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant software development experience using C/C++
- Ability to interact with & learn from team members from across the company (e.g Software Development, Customer Support, Technical Sales Teams etc)
- Desire to learn & implement solutions connecting to 3rd party software
- Self-motivated, quality-focused, and able to work independently as well as part of small project teams
- 3+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of C++14, C++17
- Deployment of performance critical software on Linux (e.g. Docker)
- Experience of vehicle modelling software (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink, CarMaker, CarSim, Dymola, SIMPACK, VI-CarRealTime etc)
- Experience with Real-time simulation software and hardware (e.g. dSPACE, Concurrent, NI, etc)
- 3D engine development (Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL) or programming/extending rendering engines (Unity, UE4)
- Ability to work directly with customers
This role is flexible in terms of location. We have offices in Hampshire (Romsey) and Wiltshire (Bradford-on-Avon) in the UK as well as in Germany (Geissen), USA (Wixom, MI) and Japan (Shin-Yokohama). We are also happy for staff to work remotely or to blend home and office-working.
We offer a highly competitive benefits package and are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for these vacancies, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com