This is a fantastic opportunity for a versatile engineer to join an innovative company and contribute to rFpro’s industry-leading products and cutting-edge development projects. The role is based in our offices in Romsey, Hampshire, UK and can be blended with home working.
rFpro provides engineering-grade vehicle simulation environments, enabling our customers to develop vehicles, systems and components safely and efficiently. We serve the automotive and motorsport industries and are a company within AB Dynamics plc. Our automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers. rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance work-life balance as well as productivity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work as part of the Content Engineering Team along with the Producer, Development Engineers, Support Team, Art Team, Sales and Marketing to ensure the smooth running of all projects.
- Taking data received in its raw form (LiDAR surveys, CAD Data, photos, video etc) and analysing, ordering and processing the data as required to create ordered, understandable data deliveries for the Art Team
- In depth processing of LiDAR data sets using in house written scripts and Rhino 3D modelling software to produce ground surface mesh definitions
- Receiving updates and deliveries from the Art Team and performing QA checks against the graphical references agreed at the start of the project
- Performing QA checks for the technical structure and ground surface assignments as well as real-time rendering performance
- Production of the functional road network files using Rhino and in house developed exporters
- Testing of the functional road networks with SUMO, IPG Traffic and OpenDrive based traffic controllers
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Attention to detail and pride in a good job
- Creative approach to tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Work independently, showing initiative
- Ability to use and learn new software packages and digital processes
- Interest in 3D modelling packages such as Rhino 3d or 3ds Max
- Python scripting experience & test automation implementation
- Office IT hardware support experience
This role is flexible in terms of location. We have offices in Hampshire (Romsey) and Wiltshire (Bradford-on-Avon) in the UK as well as in Germany, USA and Japan. We are also happy for staff to work remotely or to blend home and office-working. We offer a highly competitive benefits package. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com