rFpro is a simulation environment for the automotive and motorsport industries. It is used for the development and testing of autonomous vehicles, ADAS, vehicle dynamics and human factor studies – essentially anything that involves driving a vehicle. rfpro’ s automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. We enable them to simulate, test and validate new sensors, control systems and vehicle hardware systems. The top 10 OEMs that were early adopters of rFpro technology have already launched road cars which started their development, not on a test track, but in a virtual environment using rFpro. In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software – our customers are champions of every leading motorsport category. We maintain the largest library of digital road models (digital twins) including test tracks and race circuits for F1, NASCAR, WEC, IMSA, Indy, Formula E, Super-GT and Australian V8 Supercars. rfpro’ s vision is for every driving simulator experiment to be conducted using the rFpro engineering-focused simulation engine. On every driving simulator, local or cloud-based, rFpro will form a fundamental part of vehicle developments.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be expected to work autonomously, participating in frequent on-line meetings with the rest of the development team. They will enjoy the challenge of implementing industry-leading rasterizing and raytracing techniques in Vulkan, whilst participating in more general software engineering projects and discussions.
- Work as part of a team developing our in-house rendering engine technology using advanced low-level graphics APIs such as Vulkan
- Produce high-quality software for customers
- Design and implement new product features
- Maintain and improve existing products
- Advocate good software engineering practices and continuous professional development
- Work to delivery deadlines
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant software development experience using C/C++
- 3D engine development (Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL) or programming/extending rendering engines (gMotor, Unity, UE4)
- Developing shaders using HLSL or GLSL
- Solid understanding of 3D geometry (vectors, matrices, transforms etc.)
- Self-motivated, quality-focused, and able to work independently 5+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of C++14, C++17
- Deployment of performance critical software on Linux (e.g. Docker)
- Ability to work directly with customers
With offices in Romsey (UK), Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA) Giessen (Germany) and Shin-Yokohama (Japan) rfpro’ s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive, and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance productivity. We offer highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (+plus bank holidays) and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org