This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior software developer to join an innovative company and contribute to rFpro’s industry-leading products and cutting-edge development projects. This role is flexible in terms of location.
rFpro is a member of the AB Dynamics plc group of companies. We provide engineering-grade driving simulation software, enabling our customers to develop vehicles, systems and components safely and efficiently. We serve the motorsports and automotive industries, playing a key role in the latter’s highly challenging progression towards automated driving.
Our automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers – in the USA, Europe, UK, Japan & Australia.
rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance work-life balance as well as productivity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a developer in a small, dynamic and expert team you will be working across many varied programs and tasks including migrating our existing desktop product to a cloud/software as a service (Saas) application. You will be expected to work independently and proactively as well as part of the team. We are an agile organisation, employing techniques such as TDD, pair programming and continuous integration. You will enjoy the challenge of working directly with customers to solve their problems and provide new solutions or bug fixes. The location of this role is flexible.
- Work as part of a team developing our industry-standard vehicle simulation software package
- Produce high-quality software for customers
- Design and implement new product features
- Maintain and improve existing products
- Advocate good software engineering practices and continuous professional development
- Work to delivery deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant software development experience using C/C++
- Self-motivated, quality-focused, and able to work independently
- 5+ years professional experience
- Solid understanding of 3D geometry (vectors, matrices, transforms etc.)
- Knowledge of C#
- Deployment of performance critical software on Linux (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge of cloud based infrastructure
- Experience in HMI and UX
- Experience in real-time system development
- Software development experience using Python
- Knowledge of UDP and/or real-time communications systems
- Applied mathematics, particularly rigid body dynamics
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics and automotive technology
This role is flexible in terms of location. We have offices in Hampshire (Romsey) and Wiltshire (Bradford-on-Avon) in the UK as well as in Germany, USA and Japan. We are also happy for staff to work remotely or to blend home and office-working. We offer a highly competitive benefits package.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com