We are looking for a Finance Manager (2/3 days a week) to undertake, manage and report on all financial activities within rFpro. (an international £5mn t/o software business). Located in Romsey, Hampshire.
rFpro is a simulation environment for the automotive and motorsport industries. It is used for the development and testing of autonomous vehicles, ADAS, vehicle dynamics and human factor studies – essentially anything that involves driving a vehicle. rfpro’ s automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. We enable them to simulate, develop and test new sensors, control systems and vehicle hardware systems, safely and efficiently in a virtual environment.
In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role requires day to day hands on processing of accounting data (including invoicing, credit collection), the completion of month end and year end accounts, assisting the preparation of annual budgets and the provision of management information and forecasting and working with the leadership team, contributing to the development of the business.
- Administer accounting procedures in the division as directed by ABD Group.
- Prepare reports as required by ABD Group and local management on sales, profitability, cash flow, creditor/debtor lists and other financial data as required.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets and capital expenditure plans.
- Prepare all returns as required by Inland Revenue and other Government Departments.
- Ensure accounts/records are well maintained for preparation of reports and statements to management.
- Control creditors/debtors register. Sales invoices = circa 20 pm. Purchase Invoices = 40 pm.
- Monitor and follow-up outstanding debtors in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Process accounts payable and/or receivable data.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and process journal entries.
- Banking and petty cash responsibilities.
- Oversight of payroll with third party supplier.
- Assist in other accounting activities or duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified / part-qualified / qualified by experience.
- Experience of SME environment.
- Ideally experience in large corporate to understand best practice.
- Ideally experience in operating in an international multi-site operation.
- Membership of an appropriate professional association.
- Sound organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work on their own initiative and prioritise workloads to meet key deadlines.
- Strong IT skills Excel and ideally QuickBooks. Effective communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of accountancy, including systems, methodologies, techniques and technology.
With offices in Romsey (UK), Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA) Giessen (Germany) and Shin-Yokohama (Japan) rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive, and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance productivity. We offer highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com