Join our team as a QA Test & Integration Engineer and support the creation of innovative solutions for our worldwide clients. We’re looking for someone with experience of testing professional software who is comfortable working independently, as well as working as part of a larger team.
Location: Romsey, Hampshire (Hybrid)
Salary: £30-40k depending on experience
rFpro is a member of the AB Dynamics plc group of companies. We provide engineering-grade driving simulation software, enabling our customers to develop vehicles, systems and components safely and efficiently. We serve the motorsports and automotive industries, playing a key role in the latter’s highly challenging progression towards automated driving.
Our automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers – in the USA, Europe, UK, Japan & Australia.
rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance work-life balance as well as productivity.
The QA Test & Integration Engineer will work as part of one of our Scrum teams to deliver new features for our growing list of customers. Our multi-disciplinary engineers are working on complex real-time simulation software consisting of C++, C#, Matlab and Python code. You will be bringing your experience of software integration, release management, manual and automated testing, and customer-facing acceptance testing as we migrate from on-premises systems to cloud hosted solutions You will guide the development in the art of agile software testing covering desktop-based and cloud hosted solutions.
You will guide the development in the area of agile software testing and be responsible for performing and organising software testing within the Scrum team. You will be able to investigate software defects and debug software of major scale and complexity and provide any required support to the team regarding testing, QA and release management.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of testing high performance networked desktop applications on both Windows and Linux
- Experience of exploratory testing and configuration management
- Confidence organising software testing within the Scrum team
- Ability to analyse and pinpoint problems using systematic tests and diagnostic logs
- Technical skills to develop and implement automated tests, creating and maintaining a suite of regression tests
- Experience of Python/Python Automation
- Ability to analyse technical logs and dump files to pinpoint failures
- Knowledge of common software engineering tools such as SVN, Git, Docker, Jira and Confluence
- Experience of modern CI/CD build tools such as Jenkins and Azure DevOps
- Ability to interact with stakeholders, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to the automotive and/or motorsport sectors
- Exposure to C/C++ programming language
- Understanding of networking principles over TCP/IP or UDP
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Understanding of DevOps and the software development lifecycle
The role can be worked remotely but does require presence in the office for certain testing (an average of once or twice a month). The successful candidate will be required to commute to our head office in Romsey, Hampshire.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com