Technical Sales Engineer
- Romsey, Hampshire
**The role can be office based in Romsey, Hampshire or can be mainly home-working with weekly office working days for the right candidate.**
rFpro is the market leading supplier of simulated testing solutions to the automotive & motorsports industry. rFpro‘s products are being used by most of the world’s largest car manufacturers and their suppliers to develop autonomous driving and ADAS driver assistance systems.
The core focus of the Technical Sales Engineer will be on developing business opportunities with new and existing customers by bring their strong technical knowledge of our product and understanding the customers simulation needs.
They will work as part of the rFpro Sales & Operations teams along with the Directors, Sales Engineers, Development Engineers, Support Team, Producer and Art Team to ensure that all rFpro products can be successfully presented to customers to meet their needs. They will be expected to plan, implement and report on their sales and customer management projects, with sales reports, forecasts and market targets reviews.
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- At least three years experience of simulation or model based engineering in a automotive or motorsport context.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and demonstration skills
- An engineering background
- A desire to enter into a customer facing role i.e. sales environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Self-motivation, initiative and a high drive to succeed.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel to trade shows, to visit partners’ and clients’ sites worldwide
In addition, experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- It is expected that the candidate will have worked with and gained some experience of at least one of the following technologies: RT environments such as Concurrent,dSPACE or NI, modeling tools such as CarMaker, CarSim, SIMPACK, MATLAB/Simulink or Dymola.
- Become a technical expert in the rFpro product so that you clearly communicate new and existing features to customers
- Develop and deploy product demonstrations across the rFpro Sales team and worldwide partners
- Plan, execute and support customer trials of rFpro products through to successful sales outcomes
- Develop and present the rFpro presentations to sales opportunities and at public and private events
- Work with our worldwide partners to support them selling rFpro on a technical and commercial basis, including on-site/office visits in worldwide locations to keep our partners sales teams up to date on the latest rFpro products and market opportunities
- Work through customer requirements to create successful new software and track purchases and track build projects
- Understand customer requests and convert into internal requirements
- Ensure existing customers satisfaction, with regular customer contact, via email, online meetings and on-site customer visits where needed
- Ensure new opportunities within existing customers are discovered and fulfilled
- Find and engage with new potential rFpro customers on a technical and commercial basis
- Work with the Producer to keep customers up to date on their purchased items and delivery schedules
- Plan, cost and provide quotations for new and updated circuits models, working with the Producer and Operations Director to ensure successful content delivery
- Use SugarCRM to keep track and report on all sales opportunities
Apply at IndeedJobs