Marketing Communications Manager
- Romsey, Hampshire
**This full time role is expected to be based in the Romsey office of rFpro, with working from home considered for the right candidate (2-3 days a week).**
rFpro is the market leading supplier of simulated testing solutions to the road-vehicle manufacturing industry. rFpro‘s products are being used by most of the world’s largest car manufacturers and their suppliers to develop autonomous driving and ADAS driver assistance systems.
Marketing drives our business because our single largest expense is R&D. It is critical for our success that we understand our customers’ needs and that we target our R&D at developing solutions to the problems we believe we can solve. Effectively communicating with our existing customers and partners and to our prospective customers is of vital importance.
We are seeking to recruit a marketing communications manager to both improve and execute our existing marketing and communications strategy, to curate, edit and create our communications material, to measure the success of our communications channels, to research factors affecting our strategy within our existing customers, new markets and from competing solutions, to collaborate with our PR agency and in-house event management, technical sales and sales support staff.
Although you would not be presenting at trade conferences, you would be responsible for ensuring that both the content and the presentation techniques of our technical staff meet our high standards.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a fast growing technology, in a company that really values marketing, reporting to the Managing Director and with the ongoing support of an experienced marketer, who created the current strategy, but who will be leaving the company in a year’s time.
This position would suit somebody who can demonstrate good hands-on experience of the role and is ready to step into a position with real responsibility, where they know they will have good support for the first year and aiming to take the lead thereafter.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong marketing communications experience, preferably in an engineering related B2B field
- Experience of a diverse mix of marketing, advertising and media campaigns using the full range of digital and traditional tools available – we still have customers who read paper and attend conferences!
- Policing our in-house style and branding
- Turning technology into informative and valuable stories about business problems, solutions and benefits
- Measurement and analytics
- Preparing and managing a well reasoned budget
- Demonstrable experience writing press releases
- Outstanding(!) demonstrable oral and written communications skills, excellent listening skills.
- Self motivated
- A good understanding of presentation skills to support our staff at conferences, though we anticipate training will be provided in this area
- Experience of working in a small (forty staff) fast-growing technology company.
Apply at IndeedJobs